Just in time for your Fourth of July cookout, on our last day of our five days of summer shrimp recipes, we are sharing the recipe for Deanie’s own light and simple Bayou Seafood Salad. One of the most popular at Deanie’s Seafood Restaurants, it’s so easy to put together at home or enjoy at one of our restaurant locations. The salad makes the perfect light summer lunch.
Here’s how to prepare it at home:
• Combine iceberg lettuce and spring mix in your salad bowl.
• Chop ½ of a cucumber and place atop the bed of lettuce.
• Top with 8-10 cherry tomatoes.
• Purchase a can of quartered artichoke hearts and use about half on top of the salad.
• Top with your favorite cheese (we use Cheddar).
• Place 6-8 already boiled and seasoned Louisiana shrimp and some fresh Louisiana lump crabmeat on top of your salad. You can order your fresh Gulf seafood at our online retail site if they aren't available in your area.
• Squeeze a lemon on the salad, add your favorite dressing and enjoy! We love it with our made from scratch Sweet Fig & Balsamic Vinaigrette or Remoulade.
We hope you enjoyed our 5 days of summer shrimp! Share your favorite summer seafood recipes in the comments. View our recipes for Shrimp Kebabs, Shrimp Remoulade, Shrimp Ceviche and Bacon Wrapped Gulf Shrimp.