One of our favorite Louisiana seafoods in season during the summer months are deliciously fresh Gulf shrimp. With the official kickoff of summer and Fourth of July get togethers right around the corner, we are celebrating shrimp by sharing five days of summer shrimp recipes!
We will share one easy-to-prepare refreshing summer shrimp recipe to prepare in your kitchen or on the grill, including the makings for our simple and light Bayou Seafood Salad, each day for the next 5 days! These simple recipes are perfect to bring to a summer barbeque and to enjoy in your own kitchen or backyard.
We’ve picked the perfect recipe for grilling season with our first recipe, Shrimp Kebabs. Shrimp Kebabs require a little assembly and are great on the grill during the summer. They’re easy to prepare and offer something different than the usual chicken or steak.
For the kebabs, Here’s what you will need to do:
• Pick up some uncooked Louisiana shrimp from your local market or grocery store that are deveined but still in their shell. You will want 4-6 per kebab depending on the size of the shrimp. You can order fresh Gulf Shrimp at our online retail site if they aren't available in your area.
• You will also need skewers and some of your favorite veggies, such as squash, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, peppers and cherry tomatoes. Pineapple is a great addition, too!
• Season the shrimp with your favorite Cajun seasoning such as Deanie’s special blend of seasonings available here, squeeze a lemon or lime over them and marinate for up to an hour in the refrigerator. Make sure you have chopped all of your veggies up into bite-sized pieces.
• Then take your skewers, and alternately thread the shrimp and veggies onto them.
• When your grill is heated and ready to go, place your finished skewers atop it until the shrimp are just cooked through (about 4 mins.). Turn the skewers halfway through the cooking process.
• Remove from the grill and serve the shrimp and veggies alongside some rice or mashed potatoes.
Share your favorite summer seafood recipes in the comments, and check back for four more shrimp recipes throughout the week!