DEANIE’S BAYOU SEAFOOD SALAD PERFECT FOR SUMMER
The warmer weather is upon us, which means that summer is rapidly approaching. We’re used to our summer heat, plus we’re excited because the start of shrimp season is almost here! We love ’em boiled, fried, barbecued or in soups and stews. Gulf shrimp are also absolutely fantastic as part of a crisp and refreshing salad. One of the most popular dishes at Deanie’s Seafood Restaurants is our Bayou Seafood Salad. The dish makes the perfect light summer lunch, and it’s easy to put together at home.
BAYOU SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPE
• Combine iceberg lettuce and spring mix in your salad bowl.
• Chop ½ of a cucumber and place atop the bed of lettuce.
• Top with 8-10 cherry tomatoes.
• Purchase a can of quartered artichoke hearts and use about half on top of the salad.
• Top with your favorite cheese (we use Cheddar).
• Place 6-8 already boiled and seasoned Louisiana shrimp and some fresh Louisiana lump crabmeat on top of your salad. You can order your fresh Gulf seafood at our online seafood market if they aren’t available in your area.
• Squeeze a lemon on the salad, add your favorite dressing and enjoy! We love it with our made from scratch Sweet Fig & Balsamic Vinaigrette or Remoulade.
Check out some of other Summer Shrimp Recipes including Shrimp Kebabs, Shrimp Remoulade, and Bacon Wrapped Gulf Shrimp. Deanie’s Seafood is a family-owned restaurant consistently ranked one of the Best Seafood Restaurants in New Orleans. Deanie’s was the first restaurant in New Orleans to be certified as serving “Authentic Wild Louisiana Seafood” by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, and we’re committed to showcasing the bounty of our diverse waterways.
The start of shrimp season gets us excited to try new recipes for delicious Gulf Shrimp. Click below for Deanie’s signature New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp recipe!