We're kicking off national shrimp day with our shrimp kebabs recipe!
One of our favorite Louisiana seafoods in season during the summer months are deliciously fresh Gulf shrimp. With the official kickoff National Shrimp day on May 10, we are celebrating shrimp by sharing easy-to-prepare refreshing shrimp recipes every day this week! These simple recipes are perfect to bring to a summer barbeque and to enjoy in your own kitchen or backyard.
We’ve picked the perfect recipe for grilling season with our first Summer Shrimp recipe, Shrimp Kebabs. Shrimp Kebabs require a little assembly and are great on the grill during the summer. They’re easy to prepare and offer something different than the usual chicken or steak.
Summer Shrimp Recipe: Grilled Shrimp Kebabs
• Pick up some uncooked Louisiana shrimp from your local market or grocery store that are deveined but still in their shell. You will want 4-6 per kebab depending on the size of the shrimp. You can order fresh Gulf Shrimp at our online retail site if they aren't available in your area.
• You will also need skewers and some of your favorite veggies, such as squash, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, peppers and cherry tomatoes. Pineapple is a great addition, too!
• Season the shrimp with your favorite Cajun seasoning such as Deanie’s special blend of seasonings available here, squeeze a lemon or lime over them and marinate for up to an hour in the refrigerator. Make sure you have chopped all of your veggies up into bite-sized pieces.
• Then take your skewers, and alternately thread the shrimp and veggies onto them.
• When your grill is heated and ready to go, place your finished skewers atop it until the shrimp are just cooked through (about 4 mins.). Turn the skewers halfway through the cooking process.
• Remove from the grill and serve the shrimp and veggies alongside some rice or mashed potatoes.
Deanie's was the first restaurant in New Orleans to be certified by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries as serving "Authentic Wild Louisiana Seafood." It is a TripAdvisor Hall of Fame member known for serving the best boiled, broiled and fried Louisiana Seafood in New Orleans. You can read more about the "recipe" for Louisiana's Great-Tasting, Gulf Coast Shrimp.
Share your favorite summer seafood recipes in the comments, and check back for four more shrimp recipes throughout the week! To find out how Deanie's prepares our Wild Louisiana Shrimp, browse our menu on www.deanies.com.